Galangal is commonly known as Chinese ginger or East Indian root that belongs to the family of Zingiberaceae or gingers. The plant is scientifically known as Alpiniaofficinarum.
Galangal is commonly known as Chinese ginger or East Indian root that belongs to the family of Zingiberaceae or gingers. The plant is scientifically known as Alpiniaofficinarum. Galangal is a food flavoring and spice used in recipes across Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia.The galangal plant is imported in great quantities to Europe for its medicinal properties and culinary use. There are four main types of the galangal plant. These include greater galangal, lesser galangal, sand ginger, and Chinese ginger.
It finds its origin in China and is extracted through steam distillation process. This oil has a fresh, spicy, camphorous aroma. It has similar properties to Ginger essential oil and is particularly beneficial for digestive upsets.
Galangal essential oil is hot oil and must be used with a suitable carrier for applying to the skin. It has strong aphrodisiac qualities and will tend to arouse especially when blended with ginger, cinnamon, and clove. Galangal Oil is warming, stimulating and antiseptic. The oil blends well with Chamomile, Cinnamon, Lavender, Pine and Rosemary oil.
Uses of Galangal oil
- Commonly prescribed by homeopaths and herbalists for its medicinal uses.
- Galangal aids in the digestion process, and reduces constipation and vomiting.
- It has been found effective as a remedy for ulcers and inflammation of the stomach. The galangal herb is used extensively throughout the East as a snuff for nasal infections.
- Galangal is a stimulating essential oil that can be beneficial for fatigue.
- It is still sold by some herbal suppliers as a sexual stimulant.
- Galangal oil is used to flavor French liqueurs and in some tobaccos.
- Galangal oil containing the volatile oil essence d'Amali, is used in China and northern India for various respiratory complaints in children, particularly bronchial catarrh (mucous membrane inflammation).
- The use of galangal oil prevents the growth of fungi.
Benefits of Galangal oil
- Galangal oil is extensively used for medicinal values.
- It is also widely used for skin care.
- The oil promotes blood circulation in the body.
- It can be used topically for the treatment of many skin diseases.
- It is used as a highly effective base product for the manufacturing of various high end cosmetic products.
- The antioxidants present in galangal prevent the free radicals from damaging the skin, thus preserving the youthfulness of the skin.
- The extracts of galangal can also be used for the treatment of split ends. This condition is seen when the hair is exposed to pollution, excess heat and other forms of damage.
|Product Brand||Meena Perfumery|