Melissa Oil is also known as Lemon Balm. In Latin, this essential oil is known as Melissa Officinalis. Melissa can be found growing out of iron-rich soil around the world. However, some of the oldest references to Melissa stem from the Mediterranean region.
Melissa Oil is also known as Lemon Balm. In Latin, this essential oil is known as Melissa Officinalis. Melissa can be found growing out of iron-rich soil around the world. However, some of the oldest references to Melissa stem from the Mediterranean region. In fact, the word "Melissa" is Greek for "Honey Bee." Even today, Melissa may be found planted near beehives to assist bees with the production of sweet, rich, delicious honey. The plant physically stands approximately 2 feet (60 cm) tall. It has very small white-pink flowers and larger, green leaves. The aroma of fresh Melissa is sweet, radiant, soft and lemon-like.
Uses of Melissa Oil:
- This essential oil has flowery and spicy scent and it helps in promoting emotional balance.
- This essential oil?s aroma is refreshing and mentally stimulating.
- It is often used by people seeking to assist their minds with anxiety, depression, hysteria, panic, hypertension, stress and insomnia.
- This essential oil is often used by people seeking to assist their bodies with cold sores, migraine headaches, fevers, upset stomachs, allergies, insect bites, racing heartbeats, eczema, high blood pressure, asthma, bronchitis and recurring coughs.
- This oil is used to irregular menstrual cycles and physical menstrual discomfort.
- This essential oil possesses extremely strong anti-viral properties as well as mild anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- This essential oil is a very popular bathing oil and substituent. It helps in relaxing the nerves to a great extent.
- The cost of pure Melissa oil is driven by the Six to Seven tons of botanical material (flowering tops, leaves and stems) needed to produce one pound of essential oil.
- This oil has antidepressant properties.
- It is popularly used as an aid for melancholy, stress and depression.
- This essential oil is anti-spasmodic and anti-hypotensive. Hence, it is used to treat and prevent spasm of the muscle, intestine and even the urinary bladder.
- Hypotension is characterized by fainting, weakness and nausea. Its anti-hypotensive properties will help anyone suffering from this condition. It is used to treat cold sores or herpes simplex.
- It is sudorific and diaphoretic; it helps in stimulating the sweat glands to produce more sweats.
|Product Brand||Meena Perfumery|