Tea Tree essential oil is most effective for anything related to fungal infections. Restore your fingernails and toenails to their natural beauty when used directly on embedded nail fungus, or to quickly relieve the cracking and discomfort of athlete's foot or jock itch. Also useful for disinfecting minor cuts and scrapes.
Uses of Tea Tree Oil:
- Skin Infections.
- Acne Treatment- A common use of Tea Tree Oil is as a natural Acne treatment.
- Boils and Carbuncles:
- Toenail Fungus Tea Tree Oil help treat toenail fungus infections. Simply apply 1 to 2 drops of the oil directly onto the infected toenails and rub it above and under the tip of the nail. Repeat this once per day.
- Many people have also found that Tea Tree Oil can be used as a very effective treatment for Genital Warts.
- Bad Breath, Inflamed Gums, and Plaque
Tea Tree Oil, when used as a mouth wash, acts as a natural cure for bad breath, oral candidiasis, gingivitis, plaque, and inflamed gums. It also kills mouth bacteria prior to dental surgery and also reduces mouth irritation that is often caused by dental procedures.
- Add 3 drops of Tea Tree Oil to a cup of warm water.
- Use the solution as a mouthwash two to three times daily.
- Always spit out the Tea Tree Oil mouthwash. Do not swallow it.
- You may also add 1 drop of Tea Tree Oil to toothpaste when brushing teeth.
- Sore Throat and Congestion:
Tea Tree Oil can be combined with a simple steam inhalation technique to naturally cure congestion, sore throat, chest infections, and clearing up mucus..
- Fill a large cooking pot or bowl with water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Remove the pot from the stove and add 2 to 3 drops of Tea Tree Oil into it.
- Cover your head with a towel and lean over the top of the bowl so that the long ends of the towel are hanging down at the two sides of the bowl.
- Inhale the vapors for about 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the process each night before going to bed until symptoms are cured completely. If symptoms persist for more than 5 days it is best to consult your doctor.
- Canker Sores and Laryngitis:
Diluted in water, Tea Tree Oil is an effective treatment for canker sores and laryngitis:
- Add 3-4 drops of Tea Tree Oil to one cup of warm water.
- Gargle this solution twice daily. Do not swallow.
- Dandruff and Lice:
Studies have shown that shampoos with 5% of Tea Tree Oil can cure dandruff and help get rid of head lice.
- Tea Tree Oil can also be used as an effective Home Remedy for Yeast Infection Treatment.
- Side Effects of Tea Tree Oil:
Pregnant and breast-feeding women should avoid the use of Tea Tree Oil.